Friends of Animals
Toby - EVEN Member and Staunch Animal Rights Advocate
Though not directly leading me to veganism, my mother instilled in me the importance of doing whatever we can, even if modest, to ease the suffering of those less-fortunate and in pain. - David Gabbe
Read EVEN's exclusive interview with David Here
Hilliard & Kate - Long-Term EVEN Members, Presenters, Volunteers and Donors
Chris - EVEN Member and Volunteer
Americans consume a million animals an hour. Every second, 300 living beings are slaughtered for food.
Source: Orange County People for Animals
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Please visit our sponsors!
Click on their logos below.
Jeanette - EVEN Member and Volunteer
Tiffany, Jordan and Emery - EVEN Supporters and Advocates
The Golden Rule is of no use to you whatever unless you realize that it is your move. - Dr. Frank Crane, Presbyterian minister (1861 - 1928)
When I was twelve, I went hunting with my father and we shot a bird. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature [who] was as happy as I was when I woke up this morning? - Marv Levy
If you like what we are doing and support EVEN's efforts, here's how you can help us continue our outreach. EVEN welcomes you to step right in and be part of the network.
The 3 main ways you can help EVEN
1. JOIN - Become a member or renew your membership -- For only $25 a year, you can help EVEN continue its outreach to inform, educate and encourage those interested in a plant-based diet.
2. VOLUNTEER - See the following Volunteer page for the variety of hands-on ways you can help this movement.
3. DONATE - Since all of EVEN's EVENts and services are offered free to the public, we depend on the support of generous folks to help keep EVEN going.
I am thinking of the many who are still holding their sense of mercy in check for fear of social disapproval. I kept mine in check for too long. And each time I let it out, I felt the pressure to conform - true enough. What helped me? It was seeing others speak out, be ridiculed, and have the courage and inner certainty to speak out again and again. If we can be desensitized to animals' pain, then we can also desensitize ourselves to being ridiculed and pressured.
- Judy Carman, American Writer (Peace to All Beings, Veggie Soup for the Chicken's Soul) and Activist
Other ways you can help EVEN
4. Give out veg literature, starter kits and recipes to others.
5. Post an EVEN flyer somewhere (preferably indoors) where others can see it.
6. Visit and read our website - www.eugeneveg.org
7. Refer someone else to our website.
8. Re-read something you think you already know and brush up on the info.
9. Tell someone you know about EVEN.
10. Help us table at various locations and EVENts.
11. Give out our business card or brochure.
12. If you're a veg business owner, we can help you by posting your business card in our Service Directory.
13. Explore the services of those in our Service Directory.
14. Tell us about veg business owners so we can support them and put them into our online directory.
15. Write a short item explaining why you went veg and we'll post it for you to inspire others.
16. If you have leadership skills, volunteer to run a project for EVEN.
17. Or take over coordinating one of EVEN's many projects in progress.
18. Write a veg-related article that is compatible to EVEN's mission statement and we will post it on our website.
19. Write a book review on a new (or old!) veg book.
20. Return the library books you borrowed from EVEN.
21. Offer to donate your professional services to EVEN.
22. Patronize our sponsors and advertisers, and thank them for supporting EVEN.
23. Buy a book from EVEN on our website's Resources/Recommended Readings page. If you do so, Amazon will send EVEN up to 15% of the sale!
24. Ask your company if it has a Matching Gift Program.
25. Contact your company food service to request vegan offerings.
26. Invite EVEN to exhibit at your corporate wellness fair.
27. Offer EVEN xerox/repro services, if you have access to them.
28. Buy a friend a vegan lunch.
29. Keep us updated with your current contact info (adjust spam filters so EVEN emails aren't blocked out)
30. Go to EVEN's Resources/Recommended Links and visit one of a wealth of great veg links.
31. Go to EVEN's Resources/Recipes and try a delicious new vegan recipe.
32. Revive an old recipe and bring it to work, to a potluck, or to a family function.
33. Share the wealth that is the abundance of a veg diet!
34. Treat yourself to one of EVEN's free e-newsletters online.
You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are.
- Fred Rogers, TV Host, Educator, Minister, Songwriter (1928 - 2003)
Stephan - EVEN Volunteer and Office Support